Saturday, March 14, 2009

What I've Been Up To Lately

Hey! I'm back again! Sorry it's been a while since I've last posted. I guess I kinda forgot. I'm so busy now these days with Drama. Bye Bye Birdie is going so well! It' so much fun! Our opening night is this Wednesday! COME TO THE SHOW! All shows are at 7:30 at the Mraz Center in the B'ville High School. Wednesday through Saturday. Ask my mom for more info.

I also auditioned for another play called "The Ash Girl." It's like a classic Cinderella story with a slight twist. I tried out for Princess Zehra. An Indian princess. And I also tried out for the evil stepmother. I think it will be fun to play someone evil. But I'd rather be the princess.

Yesterday night I went to go see class acts. It's this show that teachers put on. It's so funny! All of the skits they do will have you laughing so hard until it hurts! Some of my teachers from Metcalf were in it. It was funny to see them. My favorite skit was the "Celebrity Jeopardy". Some of the teachers from BHS look somewhat like celebrities and they impersonate them by getting the easiest of questions wrong. The celebrities that they impersonated were Sarah Palin, Simon Cowell, and Steve Carell. Great skit, very funny. But the best thing of all about the class acts was that I got to do a very small part while in the audience! The theme of the show was "Still Crazy After All These Years. " Except crazy is crossed out and next to it they have the word teaching. Mr. Benson my math teacher wanted the audience to think of some songs that had the word "Crazy" in the title. This guy behind me raised his hands and said in the microphone "Livin' La Vida Loca". Then Mr. Benson asked if anyone spoke Spanish. So I rose my hand. Here's how it went.
Mr. Benson :Does anyone speak Spanish?
Me: I do.
Mr. Benson: What's your name?
Me: Asia
Mr. Benson: Asia Who's your favorite teacher?
( I was going to say Mr. Orth but another girl before me talked to Benson and said her favorite teacher was Ms. Jeffers. So I didn't want to embarrass him again.)
Me: Mr. Benson
Mr. Benson: And what does Livin' La Vida Loca mean?
Me: Living the crazy life.

So yea that was pretty cool to talk in a microphone and say stuff to Benson.
Well that's pretty much it?! Oh yea and they did this skit where some of the teachers were dressed like old people and they were acting all weird. And they were acting out this promo for a CD with all the songs on it from the acts. And one guy said, "Don't you wish you could have a device that holds all your songs"? And I wasn't supposed to answer but to myself I'm thinking, "Uh Huh". and I said that out loud kinda louder than I thought and then the guy said "Thanks" slightly pointing to me. Then he went on with the rest of his lines. It was pretty funny.

By the way I find out the cast list for The Ash Girl on Monday. I'm so excited!
That's all for now


Much Love,
Asia Wolff

No comments: