Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Que Pasa? ("what's up"in spanish)

Hey! I'm back! And I'm happy to say that Rachael is doing a little better! She is still in the hospital and stuff but she's doing okay. Her ribs still hurt a lot! But she is better.Thanks for the prayers!

Okay..... Well nothing much is new but I am very excited cause it's almost the end of the 2nd quarter! Which means its almost half way through the year! YES!!! But I have all of my finals to do in each class cause I might get a switched schedule. Mr Challgren, my Spanish teacher, teaches hours 1-6. But Mrs. Moreno ,the other Spanish teacher ,only teaches first hour.So to minimize the math and science classes us eighth graders might get our schedule changed. That way we won't have 40 kids in one class and 20 in another. But even with the schedule change I still have to take all of my finals in all my classes. Which isn't so bad if you take good notes.
But besides that everything is well. We just got done in science making element T-shirts. It's where you make a t-shirt look like an element in the periodic table of elements. My element was Gadolinium. It's number 64 on the chart. All of my friends got easy elements like oxygen and helium but I got stuck with Gadolinium. It's a metal.

It was a fun day cause all the eighth grade wore their T-shirts so it looked really cool! Even though they were all decorated differently it was still fun to see them all. And the best thing is I got an A on my project. I would have gotten a 49 out of 50 but I got extra credit for being creative with the T-shirt so I got 50/50. A+! plus we had to do a research packet and that is worth 20 points. so the whole project is out of 70. And I think I did well on the packet cause I got all of my research done. so I have a pretty good chance of getting an A.
In all of my other classes we have some other projects going on too but I already finished those a long time ago cause that's when they were due. In Spanish I had to do a presentation and in Language I had to do a report on the book "The Hobbit". So overall I think this quarter is going to end well! I hope!

Well I think that is everything new in school. And nothing is really new in my social life or my home life yet so I hope to start writing about that soon. ummmm........ I guess that's it?!

Much Love,
Asia

No comments: